My Favorite Music, Comic Arts, and Books | Con Artist Trickster

Music Monday: Best Cover Versions - Smells Like Teen Spirit



This my first Music Monday post, and I've concluded that rather than posting videos in random, I will make it a kind of project called Best Cover Versions. I will show two videos in each post: one is my favorite song sang by its original artists, and the other one is the best cover version that I found so far.
So, as this is my first MM post ever, I will begin with the band that influenced me the most and its greatest hits ever:
NIRVANA - SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT
Among so many cover versions, this is my favorite. Tori Amos brings this song into hell a lot of different dimension. Her version still holds a big energy, but a kind of energy far different from Kurt's. All in all, Tori Amos succeeded in making a great cover of a great song.

TORI AMOS - SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT

Other great cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit you might want to try:
1. Patti Smith (I had to make a rather hard decision: Will I pick this one or Tori Amos' version.)
2. Paul Anka
Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.
PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!
Hope you enjoyed it. You may share it if you like.



Responses

13 Respones to "Music Monday: Best Cover Versions - Smells Like Teen Spirit"

Elvie said...

i think you are right, Tori Amos cover is a different take. Happy MM!

oh, by the way, please help me win a contest, just need ur click: http://bit.ly/fVd3LK and http://bit.ly/gXbRT7 thanks in advance :)


January 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Con Artist Trickster said...

Yeah they're different, but they both are great.
Happy MM to you to.


January 3, 2011 at 8:23 PM
LadyJava said...

Thanks for joining Music Monday.. I hope you enjoy it as much as the other players :)

Awesome first selections by the way..

Cheerio
LadyJava


January 3, 2011 at 8:45 PM
Con Artist Trickster said...

Thanks. I'm glad I can join this MM.


January 3, 2011 at 8:51 PM
Sandee said...

I like them both, but the last one is my favorite.

Have a terrific day. :)


January 3, 2011 at 10:24 PM
Namz said...

Welcome to MM! Cat. Good to have you onboard. Your "Best Cover Versions" Project sounds awesome. Go for it bro.

Thanks for dropping by my humble crypt. Happy MM!


January 3, 2011 at 10:58 PM
Unknown said...

Happy New Year! Great selections.


January 3, 2011 at 10:58 PM
Con Artist Trickster said...

Thanks everyone. It's good to be onboard and having you all here.


January 3, 2011 at 11:16 PM
Mariuca said...

Love this song and love the ori version! :) Happy MM!


January 4, 2011 at 5:07 AM
ROAD Access said...

I like Tori Amos version... :)


January 4, 2011 at 5:11 AM
Free Money Maker said...

Happy new year dear.Hope this year will bring some happiness to all of our life.


January 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM
Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I tried the Tori Amos version, but ... I dunno. It lost something for me. Maybe the rich, arch irony. Or the vibe from the time when the song hit big that I still recall whenever I hear it.


January 7, 2011 at 1:04 AM
Powered by Blogger.
 
Back to top Copyright © 2010 | Platinum Theme Converted by HackTutors Customized by BurNedBruNo