My Favorite Music, Comic Arts, and Books | Con Artist Trickster

Greatest Christmas Songs (For Any Kind of Christmas You Like)



I couldn’t remember anymore, when was the last time I felt the-so-called Christmas Spirit. However, I still embrace the “soul” of Christmas songs (well, at least some of them). And I’m sure, though I don’t want to bet on it, that I’m not the only one to feel that way

To tell the truth, the mood I have from those songs is far from anything religious. But I gotta say that those songs do present an-almost-spiritual experience... What spirit?! ...Err…Vodka everyone!

1. Charlotte Church - God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Description: A Christmas in Gotham City.
Intended Audience: Anyone who has watched and loved Tim Burton’s Batman Return, and still wanna celebrate Christmas.
(Editor’s note: Is this your idea of MERRY?)





2. Brian Setzer Orchestra - Jingle Bells

I would like some “spiritual” eggnog at my Christmas party, and I guess this’ll be a matching background song.








3. Jackson Five - Little Drummer Boy

Little Michael Jackson’s has one of the purest voice I’ve ever heard. He made this simple song sounds terrific. And he did prove that you don’t have to sing difficult melody scale to sound great.







4. Jeff Beck - Amazing Grace

Is this a Christmas song or an anti-slavery song? Whatever… I got this version from Merry Axemas compilation anyway, and I really love the song. (Well, that’s reasonable enough.)







5. Ted Nugent – Deck The Halls

Hell Yeah! It kicks! It’s great! It’s far better than Mariah Carey’s version!








There. Those are my Christmas carols this year...and last year...and maybe next years....
Hope you'll enjoy them too.
(To download the song, just click the artist's picture.)
Hope you enjoyed it. You may share it if you like.



Responses

9 Respones to "Greatest Christmas Songs (For Any Kind of Christmas You Like)"

Daveshu4 said...

Great blog...also returned the ki$$es


December 28, 2010 at 10:29 AM
stevebethere from bethere2day said...

I love Jeff Beck's Amazing Grace.

But my fav Christmas songs of all time is still The Phil Spector's Christmas Album :-)

Thank you for stopping by.


December 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Gina Alfani said...

I love Michael and Ted . . . what a combination! Loved this post :)

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

Hope you had a wonderful and Merry Christmas . . . Gina

http://peacelovehappinesshappens.blogspot.com


December 29, 2010 at 12:45 AM
Kimmy said...

You weren't kidding. We do have great taste in music! I am a musical snob. I don't care the genre, but you better believe it will be great. Love Charlotte Church too.


December 29, 2010 at 2:30 AM
Ellie Great said...

I love Charlotte Church. Great blog. Happy New Year 2011.


December 29, 2010 at 3:15 AM
Con Artist Trickster said...

Thank you all for the comments. It's glad to see that there are others who like those tunes too.


December 29, 2010 at 4:14 PM
budiawanhutasoit said...

i love Charlotte Church and Jackson Five.
Happy New Year 2011


December 30, 2010 at 11:04 AM
Anonymous said...

My fav Ted Nugent – Deck The Halls
greeting from http://picxy.blogspot.com


January 2, 2011 at 5:50 AM
RetroCollage said...

Charlotte Church has the sweetest voice. Thanks for the carol!


January 4, 2011 at 9:22 AM
Powered by Blogger.
 
Back to top Copyright © 2010 | Platinum Theme Converted by HackTutors Customized by BurNedBruNo