My Favorite Music, Comic Arts, and Books | Con Artist Trickster

John "Gibberish" Lennon, A Perlude



I’ve just got this book from my friend, it’s entitled “John Lennon in His Own Writing”. And I assure you, that guy is really surreal; or maybe silly, or deeply-hallucinated, mmm…or maybe he’s just simply a genius clown? Is he DEEP? That is Paul’s question in the introduction, and neither many of us can answer that question probably. Now I think I can understand the way he came to what he sang in “I am the Walrus”, “Come Together”, and his other what-the-hell-does-he-mean songs.

The subjects he wrote were far from sane, or intellectually accepted, and there are no sane or intellectual characters in his writings too. Then, the way he spilled them out in a [sic]-diction kind of writing will (for sure makes us laugh sometimes) make you think that probably he is just mocking people, mocking how they think, laughing life, and everything? It’s really likely that he did mean it to be funny, in a satirical way of course.

Then another question is arousing, whether he somehow did slip a hidden and deeper figurative meanings in them, and if he did, those will be so damn deeply buried. Paul’s introduction also noted that people tend to dig his writings so deep, maybe even deeper than the writings themselves. In my opinion, if there is ever someone who think he/she has found the meanings and conveys those meanings in theoretic rationalized terms, I guess it will make him/herself sounds absurd also.

May be those efforts are essentially unnecessary. May be it’s just like what Paul said in the introduction “None of it has to make sense and if it seems funny then that’s enough”.

PS. It is not mansioned who this Paul is, could be McCartney, could be not.
PPS. I put some of those wry things in this blog without in fast tea getting them.
PPPS. I idiotically copy that style of writings, though it's still bit lousy.
Hope you enjoyed it. You may share it if you like.



Powered by Blogger.
 
Back to top Copyright © 2010 | Platinum Theme Converted by HackTutors Customized by BurNedBruNo