My Favorite Music, Comic Arts, and Books | Con Artist Trickster

Superb Soundtracky Saturday: Forrest Gump



It’s Like a Box of Tasty Chocolate. I Know You’re Gonna Get Something Good

I’ll try to make this one to be “more music and fewer gibberish ramblings” post, because…well, there are simply so many great classics in this Forrest Gump OST (a double album it is). I’ll keep the intro to a shorter one, so you can read less and listen more. (Or just jump to the listen part right away.)

Released in 1994, Forest Gump is a movie based on a 1986 Novel with the same title. The movie is not bad. However, the book, just as how it usually goes when comparing the books and their movie-adaptations, is more colorful. In the movie you don’t get to see the hilarity of Forrest Gump flying in outer space with a fuzzy woman and Sue the chimp, then landed in a cannibal village. Or seeing how he helped Chairman Mao from drowning in the Yangtze River during his trip to Chine….Wait a minute. Why am I discussing the novel and not the movie? It’s a soundtrack album for crying out loud!

To prevent me from drifting further, I’ll just get into the soundtrack double-album. Then again, I guess no further introduction is needed for most of the contributors. I mean, why should I introduce names such as Elvis, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Supreme, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Simon & Garfunkel, The Doors, Beach Boys, The Mamas and the Papas…. See what I mean? Personally, I put special highlight on tracks from Joan Baez (What a voice!), Jefferson Airplane (which is much better then their starship), The 5th Dimension (Like an LSD trip in music.), The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Duane Eddy, The Four Tops,…Okay, that’s long enough already. I’ll stop here, so you could start enjoying “this box of chocolate” and choose which tracks you wanna put your highlight on.


P.S. As you can see, this post is a bit late (it’s Sunday already in my place), and it’s because there are some works which is busying me and still will be for couple of months. So, if later on I couldn’t keep up with the posting and dropping and stuffs, you know the reason.
Hope you enjoyed it. You may share it if you like.



Powered by Blogger.
 
Back to top Copyright © 2010 | Platinum Theme Converted by HackTutors Customized by BurNedBruNo