My Favorite Music, Comic Arts, and Books | Con Artist Trickster

Superb Soundtracky Saturday: Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits




Dude, that’s a lame title.


 
Buzz off! It’s my watch now. You’re history, and I’ll do as I please.


Soundtracky? That’s not even a word.


Oh. You’re a lexicographer now?


Are you a brain surgeon?

“???” No. But I’m the figure of the banner now, and of every ID! This is my reign. A new era for this blog! And thus…


Okay, okay. I’m off. (Please…)


Hey! Wash up? I’m nut finnish yet.

You’re not and you won’t. I better find John. He speaks that language better?


What language? Hey! Where are you…


I’m leaving! Buy, buy!

Well, he’s gone now. That means I could elaborate this latest project, the brilliant and genius “Superb Soundtracky Saturday”, to you…But I’m kinda, not in the mood now. So just read what is written and listen the songs below, after the break. Idieu amigieu!

SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS GREATEST HITS: THE CELEBRATION OF THE SO CALLED “ALTERNATIVE ERA”
Actually, this is a bad start for this SSS, since it’s not a soundtrack album. It’s an album of theme songs, cartoons theme songs. But it’s not too far as being addressed as soundtrack. Okay, enough with that. This is all we have for this week and we gotta make do with it.

Saturday Morning Cartoons Greatest Hits was released in 1995 it contains 19 theme songs from 19 cartoon series of the 60’s and 70’s (mainly); such as Speed Racer, Scooby Doo, Spider-Man, Underdog, Johnny Quest, etc. The interesting part, the one that makes this album special, is the performers of those theme songs are mostly, if not saying all, the 90’s bands or singers who carried out the 90’s sound. Yeah, that alternative sounds. You can have pop, rock, pop/rock, punk rock, (a bit) grunge, you name it.

There are Mary Lou Lord (the busker girl who once made Courtney Love jealous because of her relationship with Kurt), Frente! (I’m sure you know their song “Bizarre Love Triangle”), Ramones (Hey, I did say mostly before), Sublime (who doesn’t know Santeria?), and many others, or 15 to be exact.


The album became an interesting package for the 60’s/70’s cartoons lovers and 90’s music lovers. And from the reviews I see on the net, on average, this album gets a positive one. In the scale of 1 to 5, it gets 3,5. So, if you’re wanna get nostalgic with your favorite cartoons or your favorite bands or singers, you better try this one.
Enjoy the very first of Superb Soundtracky Saturday!

Hope you enjoyed it. You may share it if you like.



Powered by Blogger.
 
Back to top Copyright © 2010 | Platinum Theme Converted by HackTutors Customized by BurNedBruNo